Cycling

Friday, April 4, 2008

Tips to make your forum alive!

It is a very common scene on the Internet that there are many good websites running forums which are totally inactive or dead. The possible reasons can be inactive users, less creative posts or threads, lack of moderators, or too much rules in the forums. I am going to talk about some tips and tricks which can make your forums alive.

My first suggestion is if you are using open source or license forum scripts like phpbb or vbulletin, try to add some custom templates which will make your forum unique and visitors will never lost in the sea of common template layout. Logo is another important factor to make your forum more professional. Remember, site's layout and logo always creates quality, trust and uniqueness.

Always ask your moderators of sites staffs to create some interesting threads on various topics which are relevant to your forum categories. It can be recent issues, funny things or totally weird news. I do not suggest posting your opinion in your thread rather than sharing the topics. But sometimes an awkward opinion can create any thread running because users are always eager to post their opinion or protest any opinions.

If your forum's visitors are year 14 – 25 years old, I suggest to share some picture related topics or threads. As for example, picture thread for users or members pictures or celebrities galleries. Recently, I have noticed lot of forums share celebrities' galleries in their forum. It's a very common interest among teenagers. Some of them like to see movies, music or sports. There are many celebrities' websites from where you can collect pictures or you can just share the URLS. Besides, desktop customization is another common interest among young web site visitors. Wallpapers download is one of them.

"Where there are flowers there are some BEES. " Yes, I am talking about female users or female moderators. I saw hundreds of forums who are using this trick. Female moderators will always generate triple posting rate compare to male moderators. I am not discriminating male moderators but it's only my personal opinion. Now the question is how can we believe that the moderators are females? Believe me nowadays users are much smarter than few years before. If your forums moderators are really females, they will know that you don't have to shout "C'mon boys, our forums run by Female Moderators! Then you will hear the sound "Take my breathe away, oh you." So never shout with such slogan.

There are many tips which I cannot include in this short article. Hope I will continue in my next article. Good luck with your forums and remember that "Passions Never Die! "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home